Stephen has extensive experience in defending clients accused of a broad range of sexual offences, including:
- Historical sex offences;
- Rape and ‘Date Rape’;
- Assault by penetration;
- Sexual offences against children;
- Indecent exposure;
- Sexual grooming;
- Sexual assault;
- Causing a person to engage in sexual activity without consent;
- Engaging in sexual activity with a child / engaging in sexual activity in the presence of a child;
- Sexual Activity with a person with a mental disorder impeding choice;
- Possession/making or distributing indecent photographs or images;
- Trafficking and sexual exploitation offences.
Stephen is sensitive to the pressure and perceived stigma for those accused of such matters; he understands that the impact such allegations can have, not just on defendants but also on an accused’s family. Stephen provides a sympathetic, discrete and sensitive approach.